Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cartoons

I am embarrassed to admit that I watch cartoons. Not just the Simpsons or Family Guy or Ren and Stimpy or the "adult" cartoons, I watch Tom and Jerry and Bugs Bunny and Daffy... and I laugh at them. I've probably seen them a million times and I know what is going to happen, but somehow it's still funny. The MGM cartoons are probably my favorite. I also watch cartoons I watched when I was a kid like Johnny Bravo and Rocko's Modern Life and Angry Beavers and The Fairly Odd Parents and Spongebob (ok, I might not have been a kid by then)...... well you get the picture. I like cartoons. I'm embarrassed about it, BUT I have to say...sometimes the News is terribly depressing. Cartoons are an escape for me. An escape from the stress of every day life. They truly make me laugh like a little kid. I don't feel any less intelligent for watching them. I just like stupid cartoons. Don't get me wrong, I don't ALWAYS watch cartoons. I have been known to watch more informative things at times that I am inclined to do so. BUT, cartoons are light and airy and they are noise to keep me from the dreaded quiet. They don't bog me down with worry and disgust. They are what they are and I like them. I'm still embarrassed to tell you that though.

No comments:

Post a Comment