Thursday, April 9, 2009

Italy

I would like to take the time to talk about Italy.

My heart goes out to everyone who has lost their homes, their family members, or both. This is such a tragedy. I feel such grief when I hear about what happened that I can hardly stand to watch the news. If I really listen to what the people are saying I'm certain it would bring me to tears. I listen to the death toll, but try not to compare how many people that would be where I live because it would hurt too much. I feel bad that I can't open myself to listen to the news or really understand what's going on, but I fear that if I do, I would be a mess. It is too easy for me to empathize with people and feel what they are going through, even if I've never had an experience anywhere close. I think it is something special about me, but something that I like to stay away from. It gives me great passion, but also great sadness.

One thing that made me smile through all of this was Madonna's (Madonna Louise Ciccone) donation. Madonna has Italian heritage, but that certainly didn't mean she had to donate her money to help them. It was a very nice gesture on her part. I have also heard that the First Lady of France has donated money as well. I am very thankful for people who have the means to fill a need and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment