Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's Snowing!

I don't know why but I'm always excited to see snow. Even if I know I have to drive in it and it's not going to be so pretty when my tires are sliding over it. I feel like such a little kid though. I don't know why, but I think snow makes everything look so pretty. Somehow, the snow makes the cold worth it. I think it helps to have many great memories of sledding with my friends and coming home to some hot cocoa --how do mom's do that?! My mom is something else. She always knew when we'd be home. She'd have the hot cocoa or hot jello (try it!) ready as soon as we walked in the door. She knew things... things that I swear she'd have to be a mind reader to know. I won't go there though, I could write a book about the things my mom just knew.

Snow! It meant that maybe I would get to stay home from school. It meant that there was a good chance my brother and I would be sledding that night. It meant that even if I had to go to school there was something cool going on outside and if I was bored I could sneak a peak outside and watch the swirly flakes dance to the ground. So cool! Way cooler than learning about a hissing cockroach - bleh.

Now, I watch them swirl and blow from my cubicle window and I still feel excited. Now, I play with my pup Topanga in the snow. She LOVES the snow! I think that dog was meant to be with me. She will run amok and I will throw loose snowballs at her to catch in her mouth. We have so much fun. Too bad it's been a while since we had enough snow to do that. I think that this week will prove to be more than enough - I hope. :P

--you didn't hear me just hoping for more snow... Shhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment