Monday, January 26, 2009

Distracted by my own thoughts

I get so distracted by my own thoughts. I will be trying to work on something or listen to someone and I find my mind wandering. It's not because I don't care about what I'm doing or what people are saying or even what I'm reading (I end up re-reading paragraphs like five times over!), it is because I have so much on my mind. Ok, maybe not SO much, but if I have a pressing issue or something that I feel needs my attention... I keep thinking about it and think it to death. I think about all the possibilities, all the what-ifs...

Today is one of those days. I have had to re-read everything and ask people to repeat themselves (ugh, I hate asking that!). I am very easily distracted anyway...by outside things, but when it's within my own head...I feel so lost to this world. Some days I wonder why my mind doesn't just shut up! I want it to stop....I don't want to think sometimes. That's usually when I go home and turn on some mindless tv.

Does anyone else feel like they have a constant annoying narration going on in their mind? How do you make it stop?

No comments:

Post a Comment