Friday, January 30, 2009

I love Rainbows!

When I was a kid I had a bedroom with a HUGE wallpaper rainbow on one of the walls. It was so pretty... under the rainbow there were yellow dandilions and green grass. When my parents brought us to look at the house it was the first room I saw and pretty much where I spent the whole time we were there. I was running around in circles in the room shouting "this is my room," "this is my room!" And didn't you know it, that became my room. It was a little large for a small girl and I forget the reason the room was given to me...but it was MY room with the RAINBOW! :D Maybe that's why I'm so fond of my childhood... I had some neat stuff.

So now, I still love rainbows, they are pretty and colorful and just so impressive. When I was a kid I always thought, I have to find that wallpaper and put it in my house when I'm a grownup. Too bad I will not have a rainbow on any of my walls anytime soon. Reason 1, I'm not a little kid, Reason 2, I'm not gay...and this point upsets me. Why did whoever decide to use the rainbow as a gay symbol? It's so not fair. If I wanted to put a rainbow sticker on the bumper of my car, people would assume I was gay - which is whatever - but I don't want it to mean that. To me it means something completely different. It means me waking up and watching the sun shine on my rainbow and telling me that I'm going to have a good day. It was my happiness. To me, it was something to help me keep my head up. It was something that got me through the wintery days that seemed to drag on forever...through the dark nights that I couldn't go outside and play for very long. It was a peice of heaven for me.

I wonder if my parents ever knew how much that rainbow meant to me...? They probably did, they saw me running circles around the room and claiming it was mine! Lol. They knew I was a crazy kid.

Now that I think about it... rainbows don't even do it... it was THAT rainbow. I need that rainbow. I think I'm going to go look at wallpapers now...

No comments:

Post a Comment