Thursday, July 2, 2009

Independence Day

I have a feeling that we are so far removed from that day that we no longer have the strong feelings of patriotism that were felt the days after our independence was gained. So, today, tomorrow, and this weekend, I am going to be thankful and somewhat patriotic.

I am thankful that I live in a country where I can freely write how I feel. Where I have a choice. Where I am not fearful of losing my freedoms or my rights. Where I have the privilege to not have to worry about my freedoms or my rights. Where I have great opportunity for higher education. Where I have full access to a wealth of information from many resources. Where I am protected from crime, scams, and fraud. Where I am free to watch, read, or listen to whatever I choose. I am so thankful today. I am glad that America is independent and I am proud of how far we have come as a nation.

To show my appreciation, I will continue to educate myself, to listen, to vote, and to exercise my freedoms. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment