Thursday, January 21, 2010

Speak no Evil

Today I have come to the realization that I am not a speaker. Nothing in particular sparked this thought, just a random thought. I think I've known this for a long time but haven't really thought about it until now. I guess I kept thinking that something would change and all of a sudden I would enjoy speaking and the words would just flow effortlessly from my mouth and I would have so much to say and all of it interesting and absolutely everyone would want to listen. In the past I have challenged myself with public speaking and have tried to become an "on-my-feet-thinker," but I am just not cut out for it! I'm sure I could get used to it and become a more eloquent speaker over time, but I know that it is not my calling. It feels good to realize something like this about yourself so fully. I will still tell you that I have no idea what I want to do with my life or who I want to be, but to be able to rule something out helps a little. Perhaps I would be better as a writer... haha. For some reason I think the words come from my fingers faster than from my mouth. I have always told people that I can type faster than I can talk and I truly believe it. There must be a name for something like this... It's a pretty strange phenomenon. Phenomenon...do dooo doo doo doo... phenomenon... do doo doo doo.... Oh, crap! Not that song!!

Here is Kermit and Sandra Bullock's version:

No comments:

Post a Comment