Wednesday, January 13, 2010

So Sorry for Haiti...

Suddenly stink bugs touching me or flying at my face do not seem so threatening. They are just bugs.

I actually read the news today and looked at the pictures that I was able to look at. I quickly looked away from the ones with a lot of blood or visible injuries. Sometimes I think my empathy is so deep that I can feel the pain from the wounds of a person in a photo. It's just too much to bear. This is why I try to stay away from the news. Especially the news about a catastrophic event... This kind of thing weighs too heavy on my heart. I literally feel like there is a huge weight on my chest and I have a hard time breathing.

I know saying I'm sorry doesn't do much for the people of Haiti and that is why I will continue to donate to the agencies that are over there now doing something. I am so grateful that we have these agencies in place and ready to go. I am amazed at how these agencies or people rather can just be there to fix what's broken. Even if they are not able to provide half of what is needed, they get in and just do with what they've got. I think this gives hope as well as the help itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment