Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday Morning Haze

This morning was one of those mornings where you wake up and try to figure out who you are, where you are, and what you are supposed to be doing.

Where am I? I have a dog? Why is this alarm going off? Oh, I probably have to work today...

And you know what? I am grateful for this momentary amnesia. It helps me appreciate everything I have. When I wake up... I am always somewhere safe. I have a dog! I have an alarm to wake me up and get me to work on time. I can hear my mom yelling at me to get up, and I'm grateful because I have a mother that doesn't want me to be late for work. As things start becoming clear to me I smile because I know that I am in a good place.

Then I bury my head back into my pillow wishing I could go back to sleep, but that happens every morning... haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment