Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thank You So Much!!

I just want to say Happy Veterans Day! to all the vets out there.

I believe that we do not do enough for our vets. As people are well aware, they have risked a lot. There has to be a better way to say thank you... I'm just not sure how you thank someone for putting you before themselves. The words just seem to fall short. I buy a poppy almost every year, but a few dollars of a donation doesn't seem like enough either.

My father is a vet and this year I hope to convince him to eat at a local restaurant where vets eat free. Of course he has to go off on a tangent about how his proof of service has very personal information on it and he would prefer not to show the information, and even when they say a picture in your uniform is enough, he says that it can be photoshopped and anyone can pretend they were in the service. Even so, I still think they are trying to thank the vets as best they can without ruthless people taking advantage of a free deal. I won't even go into what I think should happen to people that would do something like that. I will say that it would probably involve little green men.

Anyways, until I think of a better way to say thanks.... Thank You!


PS... To the injured and friends & families of the fallen at Fort Hood: Please accept my condolences!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment