Thursday, October 22, 2009

This Little Piggy...

Came home with me!

I've always wanted a pig. I think the story Charlotte's Web helped me decide that pigs were awesome. And then I found out how incredibly smart they were and...that was it - I have a thing for really smart animals, they are so amazing and I want to own them all!! Ok, truthfully, I know my limitations and owning a bunch of animals - especially smart animals - is not a good idea for me. Heck, I have a hard time taking care of myself and the three animals I have now. I have a dog and two rabbits. Messy rabbits. So anyway, getting back to pigs... I always thought it would be so much fun to own one until I found out how large they could become and how it would not be fair to them to keep them in a small house or a small yard. But now, they have MICRO pigs... and I'm waiting!!!! They are not available in the US yet.... Not 100% that I would get one, but it's fun to dream. I would at least want to see them up close and hold one. They get to anywhere from 45lbs to 65lbs, which is pretty big and a bit heavy to carry around. I really hope people do their research and treat these new pets well. I know I'll do my research when they come to the states. I don't think I'll have the resources to own one for a while, but maybe someday...

Oh, here's the link to the Micro Pigs:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unleashed/2009/10/teacup-pigs-micropigs.html

No comments:

Post a Comment