Monday, March 30, 2009

Winking

I believe winking has to be done at the right time and for the right situation - otherwise it's just awkward. The right situations are, for example, when your mother is playing a joke on your father and she winks at you to indicate that she is pulling the wool over his eyes. Or when it is a big day and you are really nervous and your father winks to let you know that everything will be ok. When your brother knows something only the two of you know and he winks as if to say... yeah i know....

When people wink at me when there's no joke, no big day, no brotherly knowledge, it makes me feel uncomfortable. I sit there trying to figure out what they meant by it. Did they wink because it's a nice day? Did they wink because they thought I looked nice. Did they wink because they know something more than I am seeing? What in the world did they mean? I might even look at them a few times indicating...tell me why you just winked at me... then they smile and it makes me even more uncomfortable. Ugh... Was he flirting and now I'm playing into it by looking at him? Was she trying to tell me something and then the moment passed and so now she's smiling it off? AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

Maybe there are other reasons to wink at people and I just don't know them... I guess for now I'll just take them as a smile... then I won't have to wonder myself sick. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment