Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Dad's Songs

So, when I was little, I used to think that my dad made up all these crazy songs. He would just start singing about the weirdest things. Things about robots, things about being on a radio, whipping something....turns out I found out most of the songs I thought my dad made up were REAL songs! Get out! He even tried to tell me that they were real songs at the time, but I never believed him because they were just too weird. So, years later when I heard them on the radio I would die laughing because the weird, weird, weird songs were real. Whip it, Mr. Roboto, Mexican Radio....that's just to name a few. I never would have thought that there were people who could be as lyrically strange as my dad. Some of the songs my dad sang were actually made up by him (I have a video somewhere to prove it!), but they were mixed in with the real ones, so to this day I assume it was my dad's song unless I hear it on the radio. And not just on a Mexican radio....

No comments:

Post a Comment