Thursday, March 19, 2009

Random Thoughts on the Economy

My conscience is clear... but I can't speak for anyone who works over at AIG...

It literally makes me sick to my stomach to think about people who have more money than they know what to do with. I try not to think about it...

I remind myself that money is just paper... who cares about pieces of paper? Why the big deal about this stinky green paper stuff anyway?

I tend to think that people who have a lot of money are in a completely different world than the rest of us... Come back to Earth?

Something only has value when we give it value. When it is worth something to us. Sometimes I wonder how items obtain their worth. An antique, fragile, old, and dirty rug??

Are people just lazy, or do they really need help?

What if we went back to the days of trade and barter...would it be possible to have a financial crisis?

Is there nothing better than our tax system?

I pay school taxes and yet I have no children and have been out of school for a while.

My Social Security statements say I have to be 74 to retire. I will be lucky to remember my own name at that age...

I feel that I have been let down.

I still hold onto hope.

1 comment:

  1. You are a natural economist. There are too many legal contracts made that can't be enforced, so it takes all of us down in the process. By spending more than we have (again making contracts we can't fulfill), we create more problems for ourselves. And, the government isn't and hasn't been helping us to avoid these kinds of contracts.

    Stock up on food because that is the next big problem area.

    A former Lehman employee (the company that didn't get a government handout).

    ReplyDelete