Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Weight Loss

This is probably on a few more minds than my own as summer is right around the corner. I have 3 "tricks" to weight loss that seem to work for me. Ready?

1. Drink more water. When you feel hungry, drink water - sometimes when I think I'm hungry it's actually that I'm thirsty. I think I mistake my thirst for being hungry most of the time and that is why I snack a lot and do not drink enough. Now I know better and keep a large cup of water on my desk and drink when I think I'm hungry. If after I've had a few sips of water and I'm still feeling hungry, then I'll eat something.

2. Sleep. I know... I know... Who has time for that?! Well, I notice that when I am well rested and feeling good that I have way more energy to do my normal activities whereas on the days I don't sleep well I tend to feel more like loafing on the couch in front of the tv. Don't get me wrong, sometimes it's ok loaf on the couch, but not all of the time.

3. And finally, get up and DO something. With my type of work, I sit on my butt ALL DAY so when I go home, I try not to sit down right away - even though mentally I'm tired and feel like I need to sit. I try to play with my dogs or do a load of laundry or take a walk. I set a goal of getting so many things done before I sit down because I know that once I sit... I'm done for.

"The best advice is also taken by the giver" - I just made that up. Note that I am not saying I take my own advice... but I'm sure it would be best if I did...

No comments:

Post a Comment